Friday, July 06, 2012

Being ME : Muslimah Empowered : Part 2


Glimpse info of Being Me so you have a gist idea about the exhibition.

 Prior to continue reading, allow me to remind you that I am in no place to neither preach nor share any sermon. All thoughts were garnered during this exhibition and I decipher them according to my knowledge. I apologize if we have any dispute of understanding

Raya Shokatfard : How to Increase Your Faith?


Initially I wanted to stay in the main hall but it was too packed. When Wardina announced that we have a parallel session next door, I went there promptly. So this was the first lesson of the day. I may have missed the first 30 minutes but I still gained a lot. 

She expounded on the importance of holding onto you faith, your iman. Yes, it is very norm for us to feel down, morbid, gloomy and irk some time in life. Lucky is not your best friend and apprehension is never far from one’s mind. During this time, we tend to ponder “Why Allah is not with me? Why is He giving me this test? What have I done to endure such suffering?”. Bear in mind she says, this is the artwork of syaitan. Syaitan is always with us and vowed to sheer our faith away from Him. As such, as the topic says, how to increase your faith? She taught us that if we ever ponder on such thoughts and have a glimpse of doubt towards Him, promptly say A'uzu billahi min ash shaitani r rajimi (I seek protection from God against the Devil) Bismi 'llahi 'r-rahmani 'r-rahim (In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful). Another salient point on how to increase one’s faith is by reciting the Quran, read the meaning and embrace the Quran. Quran is the key to sustain faith and that alone is ample to give us guidance. 

Sa’ad bin Abi Waqqas reported that he asked the Messenger of Allah (SAW): “Which of the people are tested most severely?” Rasulullah (SAW) replied: “The Prophets, then the righteous, then those who are most like them, then those who are most like them from the people. A man is tested according to his religious commitment. So, if his religious practice is sound, then his testing is increased, and if his religious practice is weak, then his testing is reduced. A servant continues to be tested until he walks the Earth without a single sin on him (Ahmad Tirmidhi)

Jamilah Samian : Unleash Your Potential


Errrrrr… nothing new… She just explained about believing in one-self and set your mind on your goals.

Sheikh Daood Butt : Marriage Corner – Me & My Other Half


This topic is very interesting. I was caught by surprise upon entering the hall as the hall was full house. As a matter, it was too full that some ladies sat on the floor right in front of the stage while some (like me) had to stand way at the back leaning against the door. I surmised it is partly my fault too. I was 15 minutes late without knowing this topic is a crowd puller. What rather annoys me is that not everyone in the audience has tied the knot; they’re just being proactive in seeking knowledge pertaining to marriage life. Uuurrrrgh……… And wives (like me) had to give way to the bachelorhood. 

‘Me & My Other Half’ was a platform for men to speak of their mind and what they perceive women should execute and adhere to. In this case, Sheikh Daood was obviously representing on men behalf shared his wisdom & thoughts from husband’s point of view. For instance:-

1. Newlyweds are advised to stay at your own place instead of living under one roof with the parents / in-laws. The reason being is more often that not, women especially, has their own ways of handling and managing the house. That is why women are called the Ministry of Home Affairs. So what happens when there are 2 ministers reining the household? You can expect that natural disasters are bound to happen.

2. In the event you have any form of dispute with your in-laws, him with yours or vice-versa, NEVER confront the elders to discuss your issues. You must always discuss matters even if they’re that ugly with your partner ONLY. Try to understand this; Islam stresses us to respect the elders regardless of whom they are. In view of this, your rapport with the in-laws is vital and they must be respected as if they are your own. Unlike confronting your own mother over the dishes, laundry, sofa arrangement, kitchen and cooking style, in-laws are always prone to be hurt by your gush. Subsequently, this embodied you as not fit for their son and they began to pry in your personal affairs. This lead to portraying you negatively to their son and worst cases; file for divorce over family dispute. ALWAYS discuss matters with your husband and ask him to tell his mother. Vice versa. If he delays thing like “Ok laaa… jap lagi jap lagi..”… Remind him & force him to do so.

3. When a husband returns home, he expects the wife to be clean, bathe, smell nice and look nice. When a husband is ready to go to bed, he expects you to join him. He’s not bothered with the dirty dishes in sink; he wants you. The reason being is he needs his wife to share his daily commotion, listening to his opinions on stuff but most importantly he wants to feel needy. Meaning, you are always there for him.

4. Go for a holiday once in a while. It is an important essence to your marriage.

5. ALWAYS smell and dress nice in your husband’s presence. They expect that.


Haslina Ali : Being Beautiful is about Being Me


I love this forum. This forum followed Shaikh’s slot so I immediately made my way to sit right in front of the stage. Yes, I sat on the floor again… But it’s ok this time; at least I sat in the front row.
Try to repeat that title again; Being Beautiful is about Being Me… What I’ve learned from her is that you must be yourself at all times. And by that, you must purify your heart to radiate kindness and glow in beauty. Always speak of kind matters and avoid jealousy with others. Opt to smile often as your heart would smile too. She later added that if you want to be beautiful, you must have confidence with yourself. 

So what are the essence to doth a confident figure? Just to name a few:-

1. POSTURE. Even Haslina stressed the fact of standing and walking straight. Dat’s why I recommend you to wear Premium Beautiful.

2. Proper grab. Surprisingly, little did I know that you’re supposed to have your garb with shoulder pad. Not too thick though. Mere pittance. The pad helps to hold the fabric and hide disgrace fat / hide your figure. Conversely, pad-less attire will make your arm looks bigger, shoulder dropped and the fabric will fall onto your body. Hence, you will look big in a small garb.

Other points? I can remember because I jot it down in my book and the book is not with me now.

I can’t share what I’ve learned from the main hall. People told me that there was a slot with Yasmin Mogahed which I managed to get a glimpse of her outside the hall. There even was a fashion show of Sri Munawarrah line. I missed a lot of slots but hey; at least I learned a lot about myself. Besides, I think my duty as a mother and wife is far more important to doth. Perhaps I’ll try to make a better arrangement next time.

But here are some more photos that i have:-


Next time kita kena gi tau..... Subhanallah..... Best sgt program nih.........

No comments:

Post a Comment